Wednesday 13 January 2016

Quirky and Cool Handbags

While browsing on the web options for some new handbag ideas, I came across this collection of intriguing handbags which are a great show of creativity and innovation from the designers that dreamt these up.


Image: web
Judith Leiber's multicolored crystal studded beehive clutch is just darling. Hand painted and lined in leather; I am specially smitten by the bees!

 
Image: web

The Braccialini Tomato Bag is a very original design. A fully lined leather piece with charming details, like the leaves on the stem and the quaint leaf zipper pull.

Image: web
Another Braccialini bag! They are just too cute not to catch your attention. This leather made to look like a house made of candy makes me think of the gingerbread houses we see everywhere during the holidays. It looks sweet enough to eat!


 
Image: web

This Braccialini bag crafted to look like a flower (daisies!) is just lovely. The rhinestones accents on the golden pollen cut outs makes me think of a daisy covered in early morning dew.


 
Image: web

This black and white drawstring Popcorn Bag by Kate Spade is very retro. It makes me want to pop an old flick into my DVD player and curl up on the couch with some real popcorn ;)


Image: web
The pineapple coin purse by Kate Spade is too cute for words! Visions of a getaway to a tropical island come to mind. The large gold sequins give the bag a lavish look, but the colorful printed lining screams fun times.


Image: web


Another Braccalini bag! The Train Bag is so intricately crafted I just had to included in the post. The little windows, the gold side rods and the adorable little smokestack! It looks just like a little toy engine, only you can pop your date night essentials into this choo-choo!


Image: web
This vintage red phone bag is too cute; from the dial pad detailing to the phone cord and the handset handle, this piece is truly unique! It looks like the phones from when I was a kid!

Image: web
This chicken purse is quirky for sure. I wouldn't have thought it was a purse had I not seen the handles. I actually looks a lot like those ceramic chickens that are sometimes sold in housewares stores as kitchen decor. Very interesting, though I am not too sure what I would pair this with ;)


Image: web
Hula Hoop bag by Chanel. Talk about sustainable fashion! If you have some old hula hoops lying around, you may want to upcycle them into a large and roomy bag like this one. It's creative, to be sure, but I am not all that sold on it's functionality. Can you imagine trying to move through a crowded place with this in tow?

After taking in all these fun bags, I am rather inspired to take on a challenge: a bag a week for a month. It would be fun to create some simple and original pieces with some special detail that would take it to next level. Who knows? Maybe another candy inspired bag is in the works over here!


No comments:

Post a Comment